Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's been going on.......


Okay, so we've had a lot going on, but I've had very little time to blog about it. October is by far our busiest month every year. There are tons of birthdays, work is crazy, and there are just so many things we like to get out and do while the weather is nice. We are really enjoying having Jon and Jen live so close by and are thrilled to have mom and dad here now. Dad started his new job on Monday and they have been house hunting in their free time. For those of you who have asked, no, they are not going to move into our ward. They are looking mostly in Kansas, but considering Lee's Summit as well. Dad is working for Black and Veatch, so no, he did not end up at HNTB with Jon.
Also, we were all sad to see our good friends (McCullough's) move to Texas this week. It has been exceptionally hard on me since Missy and I are so close. It's a good thing she plans on coming back to visit often.
Last, Owen FINALLY lost his messed up tooth! He came running in after school on Monday saying, "Big news mommy big news, I finally lost my second front tooth!" We called it is "second" front tooth because his adult tooth was already growing in even though the baby tooth hadn't fallen out yet. It looked really messed up. To top off the excitement, he woke me up at 4:30am the next morning to show me that the tooth fairy left him $10! Obviously, the "tooth fairy" didn't understand me when I told him to get change and go put some money under Owen's pillow. Let's just say Cole was a little ticked.

5 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

I wish I had met Missy when I first moved her, she was really a fun, sweet girl. Dallin is so silly. I am so glad that Owen lost his tooth. I can only imagine his excitement to get $10 and I really can imagine Cole... That makes me laugh!

Kami said...

Hey long lost second cousin!! I found you because Rachel found me. It was so fun to peak in at your family. It's kinda funny, but you look just the same as I remember you when you came to visit us in North Salt Lake! Let's keep in touch. My email is twins4us@gmail.com. If you want to email me I'll invite you to view our blog. Talk to you soon, Kami Bell Alger

JessicaMichele said...

Oh, hiiii...it's me. I didn't even realize that your parents were moving there...I'm out of the loop!

Rachel said...

Wow, your tooth fairy is generous. Sometimes our tooth fairy forgets altogether, and we have to perform a little sleight of hand- grab a couple dollars, slide hand under pillow, and say "Here is it, you just didn't look hard enough!" I'm not even going to let my girls read this entry, they've lost a lot of teeth lately and Anna would turn green with envy at the $10. (And Anna doesn't need further reasons to dislike her sweet cousin:)

Heidi said...

That was hilarious! Maybe that will be incentive for him to pull his tooth out sooner next time. :)