Sunday, July 27, 2008

Maine

So, after a very long day of travel, we finally made it yesterday. Despite their excitment the boys did great on our flights, even on the flight that we all got separated. Dan was at the front of the plane, the boys sat together in the middle and I was in the back. They didn't kill each other and traveled like the little pros they are. I read my book and didn't stress. Mom and Brenda picked us up in Portland and we made the 3 1/2 drive to Cherryfield. Seriously, the longest day ever, but it will be worth it. We are heading out to Pond Island tomorrow.


Jessica and Stephanie took us to see Charlie Brown today. It was the first time Owen had seen a live performance and he loved it. Dan and I were impressed with the theatrical talent Ellsworth had to offer. It was actually really good.



4 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Looks like fun! We are excited to see some pictures of Pond Island. Don't forget anyone on the Island. :)

Rachel said...

You guys are so lucky. I wouldn't mind being left on the island...as long as I had a big stack of books and a bunch of yarn, oh, and my mp3 player. I'd miss my laptop, um, I mean my kids, but if I had those other things I could probably cope.

Anonymous said...

Cole and Owen--you'd better eat some of those wonderful "lobstahs" and clams for me---I LOVE them!! Hope you guys have fun and watch out for crabs. Have you seen Crabby Patty yet???

Rosanne said...

Hey Rach, I tried to spend as much time as possible hiding on my secret rock reading. I was feeling a bit anti social until Brenda said, " I remember when Rachel would take off with her book and not come back all day, she was soooo cute!". So, then I didn't feel so bad. Apparently, taking off all day with a book is "cute". Thought you'd be jealous to hear that. I did miss my laptop, but I survived.