Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bye Katie!


Sad days ahead. We aren't quite sure how we're going to survive without Katie around. Everyone already knows how I feel about Katie, so I'll spare you the mushy stuff. She's my "person". She has either lived with me or close by me for a very long time. It was hard to see her go. We are really going to miss her. Other then that, we've had a pretty uneventful week. The boys are enjoying the new neighbor kids. They ride bikes and go fishing almost everyday. We've actually managed to stay away from the video games suprisingly enough. I was told that I am the meanest mom in the world when I told them they couldn't play more then 2 hours a day. Thanks to the new neighbor kids they've gotten over that. They like me again. Matt took them to the Royals game the other night. They always love that.






2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know you guys will miss Katie a lot. We'd be sad, too. I'm glad the boys have new friends, I know what it's like to live in the middle of nowhere with no kids to play with. The house at the end of our street just sold, we're crossing our fingers there might be some nice kids in the family, but at $600,000, it probably wasn't bought by a young family.

Rosanne said...

I will cross my fingers for you guys as well. We have the same problem in our neighborhood. There are only teenagers. All of our neighbors are mom and dad's age or older. I think they've all finally realized that I am the boys mother not babysitter. We are going to miss Katie. I am very sad she is gone. Hope you're having fun with mom.